Room for Improvement

 


Do you feel your blog meets all the rubric criteria? If not, then what areas need work?

I do feel that I met seral areas of the rubric criteria such as the due date but there is still plenty of room that needs work. I know one of the early blogs did not meet the word count and then I did not fully answer the question.  

Which aspects of writing assignments on a blog confuse or create stress for you?

Honestly, nothing on the blog is confusing or creates stress I just feel as if I sometimes do not fully answer the question.

Are you putting your best efforts into assignments and blog writing?

I would like to say that I am putting the effort into the assignment but the grade does not reflect it. I need to do more and I will.

Do you review and revise your blog posts for grammar, mechanics, and readability?

I work on my blog all week and do edits until I feel as if it reads well.

Writing on a blog can be risky since the blog is public and will be seen by others. How do you feel about other students reading your blog and peer-reviewing?  (it is okay to feel uncomfortable - that is normal).

I love the idea about peer reading and believe that I the best way to get critical edits or opinions on what the blog is about.

What would you like for us to discuss in class to help you improve your blog writing?

What I would like the most from the class is for people to tell me what needs to be better. I love to critique and believe for me personally that it is the best way that I can improve.

What have you learned about blogs that you did not know before?

I honestly did not know that blogs were as popular as they are today and believed they lost popularity once social media such as Facebook and Twitter became popular.

Comments

  1. Hi Jackson,
    Check out your answer for Writing on a blog can be risky... The answer reads a bit awkwardly. You wrote, " ... and believe that I the best way ... "
    This post does answer all the required questions, but it is a bit 'blah.' Add an image of your computer, your notebook, notes... something to show your writing in process. Perhaps your desk, or your laptop from the view point of your couch; wherever it is your create your work. That would make the post more aesthetic.
    Whereas you Do answer the required questions, from having you in prior classes, I know you are pretty creative, and very interesting to listen to. Try to put more of your personality into your writing. Help your readers feel like they are listening to you speak, and really interacting with you. That may help.
    I can't remember is you are going to be a math or a history teacher, but relating to your students is more difficult than knowing your topic. Don't restrain from being weird, or crazy, or fun in your blog. Present us information with personality. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could edit our responses. I have so many errors in the above paragraph!

      Delete
  2. Personally, I think these self assessments can be tricky to navigate sometimes when we are usually set into one perspective with looking at things. I didn't think blogs were as important either and agree whole heartedly with your view of how important peer review can be in regards to getting that new perspective. And in that spirit, my suggestion is to look over your words with two combs: A general comb to fix the obvious errors, usually by reading aloud; and a fine comb, where you read against what you wrote. That's what I usually do (not all the time) but for the most part at least. Not nitpicking this as it is a personal assessment, just advice that I hope is helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Religion and Science Coming Together

The Prentend Anti-slaver.